chvck.co.uk

Light Setup

For a while now I've been using 2 lights for my lighting setup on the bike and this hasn't changed. However, I've recently made a new purchase to enable me to have my old bar light as a spare and move my old helmet light to the bars, with the new light going on the helmet. I previously had a generic cree and a SolarStorm x2 (both bought for...

Posted at October 31st, 2014


Visiting Bean

Bean moved house a couple of months back, to Halifax, just before I went to visit Tom. However, as I was staying with Tom and we seemed to play bikes most days I didn't get round to seeing Bean's new place. Weekend just gone he organised a bit of a get together as a house warming. I left after work on Friday evening and had a quite decent...

Posted at October 28th, 2014


Clarach dig day and Taly

As per a previous blog post Clarach was mostly destroyed during the storms last Winter. This sucks as there were a load of fun lines there to ride and it was really easy to get to. The students have now returned and recognised that for those without cars that Clarach is the easiest spot to ride. This weekend they organized a dig day with half...

Posted at October 12th, 2014


Toilet Woes

This post is of a very personal nature and mostly covers matters of bodily functions. It's quite difficult to explain this kind of thing in person so I wanted somewhere to direct people to explain this, it's not something even easy to write. If someone else in a similar position should come across this and it helps them know that they aren't...

Posted at October 6th, 2014


Highlander Aqueous - (very) short term review

For the past year or two I've been using a Highlander Pura pack for all of my rides. It's been great, comfortable and a pretty ideal size for a lot of rides. I can fit all of my tools, spare tube, pump, bladder, waller and phone. However, I'm now doing longer rides a lot more often and the pack is a bit of squeeze with a full 2 litres of water...

Posted at September 21st, 2014


Narrow Wide Ring and MRP 1x - short term review

I recently ordered some Shimano XT cranks, in double flavour. I had no intention of running them as a double, instead single ring with bash. Unfortunately, once in my hands, it rapidly became apparent that the cranks can't accomodate a bash. I thought that I'd just give a ride a go with my straitline silent guide still on but no bash. The...

Posted at September 14th, 2014


Joe's Back Garden

Once again there's been a good gap in my posts, within that time gap I have moved back to Aberystwyth. I'm now riding my Cotic BFe about 90% of the time and a Transition Blindside the other 10%. The intense is gone! A couple of pictures, because I can: That's the details done. This weekend Harris came over to visit and I planned for us to do...

Posted at September 13th, 2014


Long Mynd to Eastridge n back

A couple of years ago I designed a route to do from the Long Mynd to Eastridge and back. Unfortunately on the day that I was due to ride it I was ill, however the Bens and Rich did. I quite fancied having a go at it but wanted to throw the Stiperstones into the mix as well. I did a bit of hunting and found a loop that the mbswindon guys did, I...

Posted at May 26th, 2014


Dyfi Enduro 2014

This weekend marked the annual Dyfi Enduro ride, this year a choice was given to ride 45km or 55km. I entered the 55km with the aim of getting to the bar at the bottom of dickos within around 4 hours. Having done the loop with Ben a few weeks ago in 4.5 hours with plenty of stopping this goal seemed achievable. Friday Paul came over Thursday...

Posted at May 5th, 2014


Red Kite Events Gravity Enduro 1

This weekend was the Red Kite Events gravity enduro 1 at Llanwrtyd Wells. This gravity enduro differed from others that I've seen in that there were no strict stage start times. On Saturday stages were open 2pm-5pm and Sunday 10am - 5pm. This meant that after finishing a stage you could wait for your mate(s) and then pedal on to the next stage...

Posted at April 29th, 2014


Playing in the Dyfi

The Dyfi forest is always a highlight to any of my weeks or weekends. The riding is top notch. I designed a route that took in every (very nearly anyway) descent that I knew on the Corris side of the forest, including a bonus descent that I didn't know. We started off parking just below the climachx car park (it was closed) and span our way up...

Posted at October 11th, 2013


Pelican Github Autopublish

This isn't strictly development but could be handy for someone. This blog uses a piece of software called Pelican, if you hadn't guessed. Pelican is a static blog generator, this means that it takes a theme (some HTMl like templates and some css), blog posts (mine are written in markdown) and some settings and it creates a static html output...

Posted at October 9th, 2013


View More Posts →

Tags

-