Went for a ride on my ebike today. When I started I felt like changing mode wasn't doing anything and that eco mode was giving far too much assist. I ignored it thinking maybe it was in my head or something. After a few km the motor started assisting me on half of the crank rotation but cutting out for the other half. I knew that something wasn't right at this point and pulled over to check the specialized app. Yup, 2 errors showing on the motor. Damn. Shortly after the motor cut out completely. I played about turning the battery on and off a few times and got the motor working a bit so cut the ride short. On getting home the app was reporting all OK. Sods law.
Summit cycles handled my warranty claim on the battery so when I got home I popped back in. I needed a new chain and a couple of gear cables anyway. I wasn't sure it was going to be worth trying for another warranty claim with an intermittent issue but I had a chat with them anyway. Apparently they now have all of the tools to perform diagnostics there so I'm going to drop my bike in on Tuesday and hopefully they can find something. I have screenshots of the app reporting errors on my phone too.